Signs Your Computer Has a Virus or Other Infection
When your computer has a virus or malware, it could result in some serious damage like destroying all your files or your computer crashing. It’s important to know and understand the signs if your computer may be under attack.
Here are signs that your computer might have a virus:
- Real or fake alerts: If you receive any virus alerts or error messages this could be an indication that your computer has a type of virus or malware. Be aware of any fake antivirus programs as well that could harm your computer even more.
- If your computer has been suddenly getting very slow, it could be a good time to check to see if there is a virus.
- When your computer continues to freeze or randomly crash this could be a symptom of a virus.
- If you notice in your unfamiliar messages in your sent box, it could mean that a virus is trying to spread the virus to other online users.
- Seeing random ads or pop-ups could mean you have some type of adware, spyware or scareware. It’s important to never click on those pop-up ads!
- If your other accounts like your bank account has been hacked, is another way for viruses to get into your computer, you should double check for viruses just in case this happens.
If you notice any of these signs, you should take care of the issue right away! It’s important to have a high-quality antivirus and extra malware protection. If you need any assistance with your computer, contact The Digital Docs at 781-639-6070.